Frequently Asked Questions

What is the difference between the Standard Arizona Driver License and the Arizona Travel ID Driver License?

The Standard Arizona Driver License is primarily for driving and basic identification. Starting May 7, 2025, it won’t be valid for federal identification purposes, such as boarding domestic flights or entering federal buildings and military bases. You’ll need to provide a second form of identification in addition to your Standard Arizona Driver License for these purposes.

The Arizona Travel ID Driver License is essentially a Driver License that doubles as a federally acceptable proof of identification. You can recognize it by the “star” on the upper right-hand corner of the card.

I have an Instruction Permit from another state. How can I qualify for the road test to obtain an Arizona Driver License?

If you’re under 18 and have an out-of-state instruction permit, you’ll need to take and pass the Arizona written test. There’s a required wait of 6 months from when your permit was issued or until you turn 18 (whichever comes first) before you can take the road test. Good news, though: the time you’ve already held your out-of-state permit counts towards this waiting period.

If you’re 18 or older, you can take the road test on the day you pass the written test, provided you are prepared and meet all other safety and documentation requirements.

Do I need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian when applying for a Learner’s Permit if I’m under 18?

If you are under the age of 18, you must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. In cases of divorced parents with joint custody, both parents must be present. If one parent is unable to attend, they should complete the relevant section on the back of your Arizona Driver License Application and have their signature notarized where indicated.

Can I get a Restricted License during my suspension period?

A Restricted License allows you to strictly drive for specific purposes only, like to school or work, during your suspension period. Verification for eligibility can be done in-person at our office.

Do I have to visit in person for Driver License reinstatement?

Yes, in-person visits are necessary for identification verification purposes. For a seamless experience, talk to us in advance to ensure you have all the necessary documents.

I currently manage my own fleet. How can Airpark Motor Vehicle Services help me?

Even if you prefer managing your fleet, consider utilizing our services for expedited processing or handling complex scenarios. We ensure motor vehicle compliance from start to finish, saving you time and resources, and preventing additional costs associated with delays. You retain control while benefiting from expert assistance precisely when you need it.

Are there any specific documents or information I need to provide for a duplicate title?

While the primary requirement is proof of ownership, there might be additional documents or information needed based on your specific situation. Tell us about your situation to get the most accurate information.

What should I do if my vehicle title is lost or damaged?

Stop by our office, by appointment or at your convenience, to request a new one! We’ll issue a temporary title until your official title arrives in the mail.