Getting an Instruction (or Learner’s) Permit is an important milestone
Having an instruction permit allows you to legally drive in the state of Arizona when accompanied by a licensed passenger 21 years or older.
- Be 15 years and 6 months of age to be eligible to apply.
- Study the Arizona Driver License Manual
- Pass the written test with a minimum score of 80%, which is 24 out of 30 multiple choice questions correct.
- Pass the vision test at our office at the time of getting their permit issued.
What to Bring:
- A completed Arizona Driver License Application
- Proof of Identity, which could be the following:
- Original birth certificate or U.S. passport
- Proof authorized presence
- View the full list of acceptable identification documents
- A parent or legal guardian if you are under the age of 18. In cases of divorced parents with joint custody, both must be present. If one can’t attend, we’ll need to verify their notarized signature on the back of the completed Arizona Driver License Application. For guardianships, bring the adoption decree or guardianship paperwork.
Statewide, temporary credentials are issued for immediate use until the official ones arrive in the mail.
Schedule an appointment to minimize your wait time during peak hours or walk in at your convenience.
Get Your Learner’s Permit Issued Today!